Water Resources Specialist
Provost & Pritchard is currently seeking two full-time Water Resources Specialists with an interest in identifying and finding practical solutions for water issues in the Central Valley. Under the guidance of the Project Manager, this position works with clients to prepare and present reports, analyses, data management solutions, and water management plans for solving the dynamic challenges facing agencies responsible for providing and managing water. The ideal candidates are detail-minded, with a thorough and self-starting approach to solutions, and can bring creative thinking to unusual or unique problems.
Bachelor’s degree in engineering, environmental sciences or studies, or a related field.
Required Experience and Skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Proficient in MS Office 365 programs (specifically Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook)
- Proficient in writing technical reports for the non-technical reader.
- Concise and persuasive writing skills.
- Ability to interpret and perform technical calculations and evaluations related to water supply and water quality.
- Demonstrates high standards for work. Strong attention to detail and results.
- Ability to think proactively and execute quickly.
- Effective communication skills, both written and oral.
- Experience with and understanding of water issues in the Central Valley is a plus.
- Experience with grant programs is a plus.