Mission of the position:
A Survey Technician working with Provost & Pritchard Consulting Group will work with the valley’s most prestigious mid-size engineering firm on a variety of projects that directly impact the viability of California communities. Our survey team regularly provides support for the internal engineering staff.
Specific projects include:
- On-site, fieldwork conducting boundary surveys to determine property locations.
- Researching record maps and documents related to boundary surveys.
- Topographic surveys to determine the landscape of project sites.
- Interprets drawings and plans;
- Use mathematical and technical skills to fully utilize the capabilities of record documents and legal descriptions of the survey instruments;
- Assess and solve practical survey problems on-site;
- Communicate clearly with clients, land surveyors, and other professionals;
- Organize and planning of crew to manage time and plan their survey jobs;
- Perform construction staking calculations;
- Prepare cut sheets for field crews;
- Interpret design plans for construction staking calculations;
- Perform record map and document research.
- AS or BS in Geomatics/Surveying or related field or two years of work experience and training.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office;
- Proficiency in the use of AutoCAD.
- Valid California Drivers License and available transportation.
Fresno OR Clovis, CA