Survey Technician/ Land Surveyor-In-Training
Provost & Pritchard Consulting Group, a leading Central Valley consultant group specializing in civil engineering, planning, hydro-geological, environmental, construction, and surveying services in multiple disciplines, is looking for someone to assist in growing our survey department. We are a well-established, growth-oriented firm and are looking for a dynamic, results-driven individual to be part of our team.
Our survey department has traditionally practiced a “field-to-finish” approach, where technicians, LSIT, and Licensed Surveyors take an active role in all aspects of our projects from planning, through collection of data and preparation of final products. We encourage personal growth and provide the experience and mentorship necessary to attain professional licensure but understand that we each have our own path to follow.
Typical duties may include:
- Direct others on a field survey crew, or complete field survey tasks as a one-man crew.
- Assess and solve practical survey problems onsite.
- Perform construction staking calculations.
- Interpret design plans for construction staking calculations.
- Review title reports, legal descriptions, and record maps.
- Perform record map and document research.
- Process field survey data using Leica Infinity and AutoCAD Civil3D.
- Draft topographic surveys and prepare surface models using AutoCAD Civil3D.
- Assist in preparation of Tentative Map, Parcel Map, Final Map, Record of Survey, and ALTA/NSPS Land Title Survey maps.
2+ years’ experience. Good oral and written communication skills. Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite & AutoCAD Civil3D. CA L.S.I.T. not required, but a plus. Hold a valid California Drivers license and have available transportation. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients, land surveyors and other professionals.
If interested, apply online or submit your resume to email@example.com.
Provost & Pritchard Consulting Group is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Clovis or Visalia, CA