Provost & Pritchard provides engineering and consulting solutions for the needs of water and irrigation districts, and municipal agencies throughout California. We specialize in funding assistance, feasibility studies, design and construction services for water treatment, pipelines, storage facilities, water transfers, groundwater banking, modernization and conservation projects.
Water resources-related specialty areas include:
- Funding Application Assistance
- District Engineering & Management
FUNDING APPLICATION ASSISTANCE
Provost & Pritchard staff has been successful in preparing and securing funding for its clients over the years. The amount of funds we have obtained for water districts and private water companies, are in the tens of millions of dollars. Grant writing and administration has been a hallmark of the services that Provost & Pritchard provides. Our staff is skilled at matching client’s needs with funding opportunities. This unique ability has provided a high success rate in securing funding for municipal and agriculture infrastructure projects.
Provost & Pritchard provides sound engineering solutions to municipalities and other public agencies for their infrastructure needs. Serving as a consultant or extension of staff, we understand the challenges facing public works departments and have helped clients on a variety of successful projects.
Public works-related specialty areas include:
- Funding Application Assistance
- Water (Wells, Treatment, Pipelines, Metering, Storage)
- Wastewater (Treatment & Disposal, Collection Systems, Regulatory Permitting)
- Streets and Trails
- Storm Water (Collection, Reuse/Recharge)
ON-CALL ENGINEERING SERVICES OVERVIEW
Provost & Pritchard has an extensive history of providing on-call services to cities, counties, and districts throughout the San Joaquin Valley. Small agencies have a need for engineering support just as large agencies do; however, the needs of small agencies often varies over time and their limited budgets don’t allow for hiring of staff engineers. As part of our on-call services contracts, Provost & Pritchard staff acts as an extension of agency staff, developing relationships and an understanding of their unique communities and needs. The services provided vary depending on the needs of the agencies and we are able to draw on our collective experiences with all our partnering agencies to serve each one well.
FUNDING APPLICATION ASSISTANCE
Grant writing and administration is a hallmark service provided by Provost & Pritchard. Our staff is skilled at matching client’s needs with funding opportunities. This unique ability has provided a high success rate in securing funding for municipal infrastructure projects, including water, wastewater and roads projects. In addition, we provide grand administration services including reporting and reimbursement claim preparation.
Provost & Pritchard provides engineering services for new wastewater collection, treatment, and reclamation facilities, expansion of existing facilities, and upgrading/retrofitting of existing facilities. Wastewater services include:
TREATMENT & DISPOSAL
Working for municipalities, our services include permitting applications, funding assistance applications, design, construction administration and observation for wastewater treatment and disposal facilities. Our staff work closely with the Regional Water Quality Control Boards and county health departments to comply with regulatory requirements.
Staff at Provost & Pritchard work with municipalities to study collection system alternatives, and design sewer system improvements and pump stations.
OTHER WASTEWATER SERVICES
- Master plans
- Regulatory permits
- Local Limits Studies
- Operation and maintenance manuals
AGRICULTURAL & DAIRY
California’s agricultural industry is a world leader in food and fiber production. Provost & Pritchard is proud to provide agricultural engineering and consulting to support dairymen, growers, ranchers, and food processors throughout California’s heartland.
With a soil scientist and agronomist, certified crop advisor, and registered agricultural engineers on staff, Provost & Pritchard has the qualifications and capability to provide the necessary guidance and expertise on ag-related issues. As a company, we have the knowledge and experience to assist with what is needed, from practical considerations to regulatory assistance. We have valuable on-farm experience as well as good relationships with regulators and decision makers. Some of the services we provide include:
- Nutrient management
- On-farm sediment and erosion control
- Irrigation water management
- Regulatory compliance regarding the Irrigated Lands Regulatory Program (ILRP) and the Sustainable Groundwater Management Act (SGMA)
From permitting to full dairy design and layout, Provost & Pritchard staff understands that meeting federal, state and local regulations is critical to success in today’s dairy industry. Regulatory requirements from the Central Valley Regional Water Quality Control Board, air districts and counties have caused the need for expertise to facilitate the design of a dairy. We have that broad range of expertise and experience, and can help.
Provost & Pritchard Consulting Group understands the complex interaction of governmental and environmental regulations, neighborhood considerations and site conditions in today’s land development arena. Our staff will help navigate an agency approval process that can include land use, zoning, water supply, environmental, infrastructure and subdivision components. We will provide you with professional services and strategies born of successful efforts in many jurisdictions, helping you keep your project on track. Services include:
- Land and infrastructure master planning
- Residential and commercial site development
- Water and wastewater treatment
- Storm water facilities
- Entitlements and permitting
- Land surveying and mapping
- CEQA and NEPA documentation
- Infrastructure engineering
- Water supply assessments
- Construction management
RESIDENTIAL & COMMERCIAL
Provost & Pritchard has the capability to provide turnkey assistance to the development community. Our planning and engineering staff offer a wide range of interrelated experience. We can customize a project team with the expertise to meet every aspect of your project needs and develop your project from conceptual and preliminary ideas through to the final plans, including local land use entitlement and approval processes, post-approval civil design engineering, pre-construction permitting and concluding with construction management.
Staff at Provost & Pritchard have developed a niche partnering with health care entities to improve their campuses. Our services have included site development for new buildings and building expansions, roadway and parking lot improvements, master planning open space areas, curb and gutter improvements, and infrastructure consulting.
Provost & Pritchard Consulting Group’s environmental assessors, geologists, hydrogeologists, and environmental engineers have extensive experience in environmental assessments, remedial investigations, and action plans for private and public agency clients. Our staff has conducted hundreds of Phase I Environmental Site Assessments (ESAs) and has significant experience with Phase II and III ESAs associated with the remediation of gasoline and diesel, as well as pesticides and chlorinated solvents. With our environmental expertise, our staff is able to walk our clients step-by-step through the environmental process, from the initial assessment, through the remediation, and eventually to project close-out.
PHASE I & PHASE II ASSESSMENT SERVICES
- Phase I: Property transfer studies, Brownfields studies, EPA All Appropriate Inquires (AAI), due diligence under CERCLA
- Phase II: Sampling and Analysis Plan, remedial investigations, corrective action plans, human health
- Risk assessments, ecological risk screening, groundwater monitoring plans, groundwater monitoring well installation, annual and quarterly monitoring and reporting, asbestos containing building materials and lead based paint surveys, Vapor Intrusion and Indoor air sampling, Hazardous Waste Business Plans (HMBP), Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasure plans (SPCC) and environmental compliance.
- Phase III: Site remediation of soil and groundwater; water, soils and air risk-based site closure; underground fuel tank cleanups; pond closures. Specialist with chlorinated solvents, agrichemicals, heavy metals, hydrocarbons (gasoline and diesel fuels).
ENVIRONMENTAL COMPLIANCE SERVICES
- Preliminary Endangerment Assessments (PEA for schools)
- Voluntary Cleanup Program
- Report of Waste Discharge
- Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPP)
- Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasures (SPCC) Plans
- Hazardous Materials Business Plans
- Monitoring and reporting
- DTSC SB-14 and Parts B permits
- Geohydrologic studies
- Air permitting
- Authority to Construct (ATC)
- Permit to Operate (PTO)
Provost & Pritchard uses geographic information systems (GIS) to integrate different types of spatial data to create useful information for our clients. Our GIS specialists perform analysis and data queries, develop maps and other visualization tools with “intelligent data,” and turn historic data into useful information for modern needs. Information from CAD drawings, global positioning system (GPS) surveys, spreadsheets, aerial photography, and other sources can be combined in GIS for visualization and analysis.
Our staff and clients are using GIS to:
- Create agricultural and municipal facilities maps
- Make informed decisions
- Improve facilities management
- Support environmental documentation
- Centralize information
- Save time and resources
- Easily retrieve and display information
- Perform detailed analyses
- Enhance community planning efforts
Provost & Pritchard’s planners know how things work on both sides of the counter. Whether we’re processing complex planning applications for our agency clients or preparing them for our private clients, preparing environmental documents or peer-reviewing others’ work, we rarely encounter a situation we haven’t seen before. We’ve helped a variety of agencies and entities through the complexities of the land use and environmental worlds on projects including urban development (single- and multi-family housing, assisted living, commercial development, religious uses); agricultural development (commercial and industrial agricultural facilities, mining and reclamation); street construction; bridge construction; water production, storage, and delivery systems; wastewater collection, treatment, and disposal; schools; and energy facilities.
Planning services include:
- Environmental Document Preparation (CEQA and NEPA)
- Zoning and Land Use Planning Analysis
- Local Agency Contract Planning
Sound engineering requires reliable field information. Provost & Pritchard’s surveying staff includes professional land surveyors, CAD technicians and geographic information system (GIS) specialists, all focused on making a strong connection between the real world and project design, assuring that each project meets the needs and standards of our clients.
Our firm’s field crews are equipped with accurate conventional and global positioning system (GPS) surveying equipment, which allows them to gather precise information in a quick and cost-effective way.
From field to design to construction stake-out, Provost & Pritchard offers complete surveying and engineering solutions.
- Topographic surveys
- Construction staking
- Records of Survey
- Legal descriptions
- Horizontal and vertical control networks
- Aerial photogrammetric survey coordination
- GPS surveys (RTK, Fast Static, CORS)
- Parcel maps
- Parcel map waivers
- Parcel line adjustments
- Subdivision maps
- Elevation certificates
- ALTA/NSPS Land Title Surveys
- High definition surveying/terrestrial lidar/reality capture
Turning finished drawings and specifications into a completed project can be difficult, complex and time-consuming. Provost & Pritchard´s staff works to see that our client´s projects will be constructed correctly while remaining cost-effective. Providing a comprehensive construction services team is our recommended formula to see your project come to successful fruition.
Provost & Pritchard’s experienced construction managers are ready to provide construction management and review assistance during every step of the construction process. Our experienced staff has a broad array of expertise that includes, but not limited to, the following project types:
- Agricultural water structures
- Lift stations
- Wastewater treatment plants
- Water storage tanks
- Water treatment plants
- Pumping plants
- Commercial developments
- Bid process support
- Constructability reviews
- Contract document preparation
- Contractor pre-qualifications
- Dry utility coordination
- Pre-construction support
- Project closeout
- Project management & construction observations
- Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPP) monitoring