Senior Environmental Planner
Pay Range: $90,000 – $105,000, DOE
Provost & Pritchard is seeking qualified staff to assist in our Planning Division. Duties will vary with the level of experience but may include research and data collection from a variety of sources, assisting in preparation of documents, coordinating public noticing and document distribution, and performing technical analyses at the direction of supervisory-level planning staff. Will work with agencies and other clients on environmental document preparation, and interpretation of California laws and local codes applicable to planning projects. Involved in proposal writing; Create and adhere to project budgeting; Will take a proactive approach to business development; May manage multi-discipline projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in planning or related field (Environmental Studies, English, Geography, Biology, Geology, Environmental Science);
- Six (6) or more years of related professional experience with responsibilities including conducting research, analyzing impacts, and writing sections of reports. Familiarity with the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and similar State and federal regulations required;
- Prepared all or portions of Notice of Exemptions, Initial Studies, Negative and Mitigated Negative Declarations;
- Knowledge and/or experience with Environmental Impact Reports and National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) processes is a plus, but not required.
- Possess strong time management, team collaboration, and problem-solving skills;
- Preparing documents that are clear, concise, and well-written. Able to present information understandably and speak persuasively about topics to colleagues, clients, agency staff, teaming partners, and/or other project stakeholders and the public.
- Solid working knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook, and Teams (Microsoft 365) programs, as well as ability to find reliable information using the Internet;
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently;
- Possess strong organizational skills;
- Experience working as a key technical leader, deputy project manager or project manager on environmental or planning projects, and experience working collaboratively with clients and interdisciplinary teams to deliver projects on time and within budget.
Clovis, Visalia or Bakersfield, CA