Senior Environmental Engineer/ Geologist
Provost & Pritchard is looking for a senior level professional to perform professional environmental consulting. The successful candidate will have experience in design and implementation of environmental assessments and remediation involving affected various environmental media for private and public sector clients, possess strong Project Management skills, and be experienced and able to demonstrate a successful record with all aspects of business development.
- Participate in multidisciplinary teams and independently in varying settings that demand new creative approaches and solutions.
- Manage multiple projects of varying size within client’s scope, budget and schedule expectations and manage quality standards on project deliverables.
- Assume lead project management and technical roles on project teams to develop creative designs and negotiate remedial solutions for contaminated soil and ground water, with regulatory agency oversight.
- Uses innovative and emerging remedial treatment technologies as well as traditional systems.
- Conduct initial site assessments to determine best approach for remedial actions.
- Evaluate field data; manage project data; prepare engineering reports, designs, cost estimates, schedules; and prepare milestone and progress-tracking reports.
- Prepare technical proposals and participate in business development. Maintain and grow client relationships that result in repeat business.
- Delegate project assignments to project team members to ensure successful project outcome.
- Manage and mentor junior staff.
- Build strong collaborative relationships with Provost & Pritchard staff and management, clients, vendors, regulators, and sub consultants.
- Four-year degree in environmental science, geology, engineering, or environmental engineering.
- Fifteen (15) years of experience in the environmental consulting field including experience with Site Assessments, regulatory compliance and expertise in site remediation and site closure. Experience with site remediation of Volatile Organic Compounds a must. Experience with State Grant programs a plus.
- Requires a professional knowledge of the principles, methods and techniques of engineering and geology concerned with facilities and systems for remedial actions, site cleanups, controlling environmental contaminants (natural and made made) and protecting quality of resources and the environment.
- Understanding of and the ability to utilize pertinent aspects of engineering, chemistry, biological sciences, mathematics, and public health that pertain to the control or elimination of environmental contaminants.
- Knowledge of trends and/or technologies in environmental exposure and the protection of human and ecological resources, and the ability to stay informed and current as these change with new developments.
- Knowledge of techniques used in analyzing data, evaluating facts, and development of alternative solutions through technical and economic feasibility assessments and studies.
- Ability to analyze complex problems, evaluate alternatives, and recommend effective courses of action.
- Proven track record exercising independent professional judgment while part of a large team.
- Excellent written, oral and computer skills required.
- Ability to work in a cooperative and collaborative team environment.
- California Professional Geologist (PG) or
- California Professional Engineer (PE)