Senior/ Associate GIS Specialist
Provost & Pritchard is looking for an experienced candidate with an interest and passion for GIS projects and skills that are well suited for a dynamic environment. Candidates for this position need to have an eye for detail, analytical ability, and frequent team work to succeed.
- Work closely with internal and external clients on projects requiring solutions with spatial data
- Support or lead work on projects with spatial data components
- Use strong communication skills to collaborate with a wide variety of personalities and understandings, providing a high level of customer service
- Create spatial datasets, develop, and manage databases or tabular data, convert data and perform analysis
- Perform quality control on work of other GIS Specialists
- Approach tasks with an innovative mindset to provide practical solutions with a high level of quality
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of a BS Degree in Geography, Environmental Science, or Physical Science preferred.
- Coursework in GIS as well as classes in relational databases, data analysis, scripting or programming.
- Associate: 1-5 years’ experience in a job primarily using GIS software.
- Senior: 5+ years’ experience in a job primarily using GIS software and performing data analysis.
- Strong computer skills, including higher-level proficiency in use of ESRI GIS software (ArcGIS Pro, ArcMap, ArcGIS Online) and conventional techniques.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to devise, communicate and implement solutions.
- Ability to convert data in different formats, and use multiple techniques for QC
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proven ability to work with minimal supervision with strong organizational skills.
- Experience with client service/contact and being an effective part of a project team.
- Knowledge of and interest in geography.
- Basic math skills, including spatial statistics and analysis.
- Follow cartographic standards and use basic graphic design skills.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid California Drivers License and available transportation.
Clovis or Visalia, CA