Provides regulatory and data management support to assist in the implementation of agricultural and water resources regulatory programs as required under the Central Valley Salinity Alternative for Long-Term Sustainability (CV-SALTS) and Irrigated Lands Regulatory Program (ILRP).
- Manage, track, and analyze of data related to groundwater and surface water quality monitoring and on-farm nitrogen management practices.
- Administrative support for groundwater and surface water quality sampling including:
- Sampling scheduling and communications.
- Review of laboratory quality control procedures.
- Documentation of field sheets and lab results.
- General regulatory compliance assistance (e.g. managing requirements and deadlines).
- Assist with tracking regulatory developments and conducting advocacy (e.g. comment letters, testimony, technical review, recommendations, reports, etc.).
- Support annual regulatory report writing and editing, including supporting long-term trend analysis of agricultural management practices implementation, surface water quality trends and groundwater quality trends to develop Annual Monitoring Reports.
- Conduct grower/impacted community outreach. Examples of outreach tasks include:
- Verification of regulatory data entry with growers.
- Conducting farming practices surveys.
- Scheduling and noticing of public input meetings.
- EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- B.S. or M.S. in a relevant Engineering, Science, or Public Policy field (e.g. Agricultural, Civil, or Environmental Engineering; Environmental, Earth, or Soil Science, Geology, Biology, Ecology, Public or Environmental Policy, etc.).
- Education requirement may be waived with relevant work experience.
- 2+ Years of related work experience.
- Water quality data management and visualization.
- Database management and statistical analysis.
- Excellent communication skills (technical writing and verbal).
- Strong interest in water resources or agricultural public policy.
- Organized with strong attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365 products, especially Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, and Teams.
- Ability to work both independently and cooperatively with a team.