External Affairs Specialist
Provost & Pritchard is seeking an individual with an interest in building and implementing communication and engagement strategies that inform, educate, and engage key stakeholders and members of the public. Duties will include stakeholder outreach, engagement, and communications across a range of water resources programs, and related programs and projects. The role will involve supporting the development and execution of public communications and stakeholder engagement campaign strategies that build trust, develop sustainable behavior, and deliver value to agencies and the public.
- Assists in developing and implementing comprehensive strategic communications and engagement plans and activities to ensure ongoing, consistent, and targeted communications.
- Assists in conducting campaign research to identify effective strategies and messaging with target audiences.
- Assists in the proactive development of campaign tactics that align with campaign objectives.
- Assists with tracking and analyzing key metrics for improved user experience and to measure campaign effectiveness.
- Responsible for development, collection, and distribution of print and digital communications content to target audiences, including, not limited to, members of the public, governmental agencies, elected officials, non-governmental organizations, and environmental justice groups.
- Responsible for development, collection and distribution of materials and presentations to be used in outreach programs and events as well as presenting before small and large groups within the community.
- Manages project plans for community engagement events to include working with vendors, community partners, non-governmental agencies, and governmental agencies.
- Manages social media content development and online engagement to deliver key campaign and ongoing communications messaging to the public.
- Manages collection of information and writes website articles and email marketing campaigns.
- Manages website updates and regularly produces website content.
- Develop and coordinate direct mail campaigns to reach niche audiences impacted by resource related programs.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- BA/BS in Journalism, communications, public relations, political science, English, or demonstrated experience commensurate with the requirements of the position.
- Three to five years of experience in community outreach, public relations, public affairs and media relations.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite Software (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro), Acrobat applications, WordPress website editor, and ConstantContact email marketing. Strong knowledge of Word, PowerPoint, and Excel are required. Prior work experience in Office 365 environment required. Familiarity with GoogleAnalytics, databases, SiteGround, and ArcGIS StoryMaps is a plus.
- Excellent listening and oral communication skills.
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to work independently, use professional judgment and initiative.
- Able to work in a team environment and interact with professionals of all levels.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to manage difficult, stressful situations.
- Versatility – able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Clovis or Visalia, CA