Environmental Field Technician
Pay Range: $20.00 – $30.00/ hr.
Provost & Pritchard is looking for an Environmental Field Technician in our Clovis office. The successful candidate will have experience in Environmental (specifically Hazardous Materials/Industrial Hygiene) including surveys/assessments and abatement monitoring of asbestos, lead-based paint, as well as indoor air quality assessments or other hazardous materials investigations.
The candidate will conduct building related environmental assessments and monitor contractor activities during remediation activities. The position will focus on asbestos, lead, and indoor air quality projects; the candidate should have a strong understanding of building construction and building systems.
Technicians will spend much of their time at projects sites within Fresno, Tulare, Kings, Kern, Madera counties and occasionally throughout California. Technicians will also prepare reports and other project documents related to field operations, equipment maintenance & calibration and general office support.
- High School Diploma, Required
- Current CA Certified Site Surveillance Technician (CSST) is required.
- Must have Current Building Inspector and Contractor Supervisor certifications.
- California Department of Public (CDPH) Lead Inspector/Assessor (Preferred)
- Ability to wear Personal Protective equipment, Including respirators
- 2+ years of Industrial Hygiene Industry
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication
- Computer skills in Word, Excel
- Flexibility in work schedule, as needed
- Must have a valid CA driver’s license, reliable transportation and willing to travel when necessary
- Ability to climb ladders, navigate crawl spaces, lift/carry equipment (generally up to 40 -50 lbs.).