Provost & Pritchard is looking for a self-motivated individual to represent our company on construction sites throughout the Central Valley by overseeing all activities and ensuring smooth and accurate processes are utilized.
- Makes first-line interpretation of plans and contract documents.
- Observes and examines construction work in progress.
- Reports deviations and/or changes from intent of contract documents to supervisor on a timely basis.
- Maintains daily report of construction and inspections activities.
- Examines workmanship of completed construction for conformity to standards.
- When construction deviates from plans, prepares sketches and/or notes for use in creating Record Drawings.
- Administers portions of the construction contract, including preparation of pay requests, Work Change Directives and Contract Change Orders for approval by the Project Engineer and the client.
- Maintains work schedule and calendar to be available on site whenever owner requires an inspection.
- Works closely with project team, both in-house and on-site, to come to workable solutions for issues and questions raised.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Additional college or technical school emphasizing construction administration, or BS in Engineering or Construction Management highly desirable.
- Thorough understanding of the construction process, from plans to completion.
- Prior work in construction very helpful.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to address problems and/or concerns in a diplomatic and tactful, yet persuasive, manner.
- Ability to read and interpret contract language.
- Two or more years work experience with construction site management and written reports.
- Prior work with regulatory agencies and permit issues preferred.
- Excellent skills in analysis and problem solving.
- Construction Inspection Certificate, EIT or PE desirable.
- Valid CA Driver’s License.
Clovis, Bakersfield or Visalia, CA