Provost & Pritchard is currently seeking a qualified Associate Engineer in the Fresno and Bakersfield areas. We have an immediate need for a staff member who can participate in project planning, scoping, and proposal preparation; project engineering, including design, plan, and bid document preparation; construction administration; project management, including budget and schedule management, resource allocation; client contact and relationship maintenance; and business development.
- Oversee project work including subordinate engineers, technicians and administrative staff;
- Maintain accurate records of time spent on each job and phase, and maintain client contact during and after project completion
- May be technical “expert” and resource or mentor to others in one or more specialty areas; and
- Assist in mentoring and training Assistant Engineers.
- Prepare feasibility studies and other engineering reports; and
- Consult with clients on engineering and related matters, including agency standards, capital facilities, master planning, and fee structures.
- Typical duties may include working independently to prepare water system models and designs, design of gravity sanitary sewers, pump stations, storm drain collection systems, urban street and rural road improvements, and other civil improvements;
- Administration of construction contracts, including preparation of progress payment estimates and contract change orders and construction site visits to determine contract compliance.
- Maintain client contact and effectively directs projects during and after project completion; and
- Assigns staff and other resources, in cooperation with other managers to balance overall company workload and best utilize personnel;
- Monitors project scope and requests contract amendments whenever appropriate;
- Determines client invoicing requirements and works with accounting staff to prepare timely monthly invoices;
- Prepares summary billing descriptions if appropriate or required by client;
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- BS Degree in Civil Engineering or related field. Appropriate work experience may substitute for formal schooling. Zero to five years experience as a registered professional engineer.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills required;
• Ability to process engineering calculations unaided, compile plans and organize basic designs;
• Proven ability to managing multiple priorities and deadlines;
• This position may require frequent out-of-office travel with occasional evening and overnight assignments;
• Must effectively communicate with all project team members;
• Proven ability to write technical information using appropriate grammar, punctuation and spelling for concise reader-friendliness and clarity; and
• Maintaining professional competency may require attending education classes and seminars, reading professional publications, and attending professional society meetings.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid California Drivers License and available transportation.
California EIT Certificate
Fresno and Bakersfield, CA