Provost & Pritchard is seeking a qualified and motivated candidate to help in our growing Bakersfield Office. The candidate will primarily prepare construction drawings for civil engineering projects.
- Performs work as assigned from sketches, verbal instructions, and notes;
- Maintains schedules and offers progress reports; maintains current knowledge of design and drafting procedures in specialty field;
- Prepares parcel maps, records of survey, subdivision maps, and other recordable instruments, improvement drawings, details and exhibits;
- Participates in CAD administration and development of company drafting standards;
- Performs simple calculations under limited supervision. These may include street and pipeline grades, area grades, slopes, and others;
- Performs non-design duties including research of laws, regulations, and materials and costs using a variety of sources;
- Monitors and maintains company standards for both electronic and paper file management (naming, storage, etc.);
- May serve as assistant to Project Engineer or Project Manager;
- May be designated as lead technician on CAD portion of a project;
- Other job related duties may be assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent; certification/degree in AutoCAD preferred;
- Minimum of four years work drafting with AutoCAD in an engineering or similar environment;
- Strong computer skills with the ability to learn new methods and programs;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite;
- Proficiency in use of AutoCAD software, Civil 3D experience is desired;
- Understanding and ability to use specialized CAD software as area(s) of expertise dictate;
- Ability to convert data in different formats;
- Oral and written communications skills required.