The Associate Planner is involved with a wide variety of planning duties ranging from entry-level projects to moderately complex. We have immediate need for assistance with policy and regulatory documents such as general plans and zoning ordinances, designing and developing plans, conducting research for a variety of planning-related topics, evaluating project proposals, and preparing staff reports.
- Preparation of a variety of planning documents (e.g., environmental documents, general plans, specific plans, and development codes);
- Assist clients in defining project objectives and goals, and developing plans through analysis of data;
- Serve as client liaison;
- May participate in preparation of proposal writing;
- May manage planning projects; and
- May focus on one or more specific aspects of the planning field (i.e., CEQA, site design, processing, etc.)
- Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in planning or related field and minimum four (4) year’s experience.
- Possess strong time management and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent written skills with attention to detail;
- Solid working knowledge of Word, Excel, and Outlook (Microsoft Suite) programs, as well as ability to find reliable information using the internet;
- Basic knowledge of graphics programs, such as Adobe Suite or other similar programs;
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently;
- Possess strong organizational skills;
- Demonstrated knowledge of California Planning and Zoning Law and related statutes, planning principles, and/or agency procedure is expected; and
- Basic knowledge of and experience with California Environmental Quality Act, National Environmental Policy Act, other state and federal environmental laws and regulations is desirable.