Associate Environmental Planner
Pay Range: $38/hr. – $43/hr.
Provost & Pritchard is seeking qualified staff to assist in our Planning Division. Duties will vary with the level of experience but may include research and data collection from a variety of sources, assisting in preparation of documents, coordinating public noticing and document distribution, and performing technical analyses at the direction of supervisory-level planning staff. Will work with agencies and other clients on environmental document preparation, and interpretation of California laws and local codes applicable to planning projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in planning or related field (Environmental Studies, English, Geography, Biology, Geology, Environmental Science);
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience working with a team conducting research, analyzing impacts, and writing sections of reports. Familiarity with California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA), and similar State and federal regulations is required; National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) experience is a plus, but not required;
- Intellectual curiosity and proactivity to support a variety of analyses and evaluations related to the environmental review of a wide range of water resources and water infrastructure projects throughout California; Possess time management and problem-solving skills;
- Comfortable with writing large and small documents;
- Solid working knowledge of Word, Excel, Teams, and Outlook (Microsoft 365) programs, as well as ability to find reliable information using the Internet;
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently;
- Possess strong organizational skills;
- Knowledge of federal, California, and local environmental regulatory compliance;
- This opportunity places a high value on collaboration, delivery, and desire to learn and grow.
Clovis, Visalia, or Bakersfield, CA