Associate Engineer – Geostructural Division
Pay Range: $39/hr. – $54/hr.
Provost & Pritchard is looking for an experienced and motivated candidate to join our Geostructural team. Our Geostructural division works on wine cave tunnel complexes, private residential tunnels, small to medium water-district tunnels and canals, a tourist mine, and earth-retention structures. Our wine cave work is typically for projects in the Napa/Sonoma Valley, Central Coast and Sierra Foothills regions.
Responsibilities include performing geostructural engineering for tunnel and retaining wall ground-support design, to perform geostructural engineering design work for other projects, and to perform engineering during construction of tunnels, retaining walls, and other works. Employees in this position may fill a wide variety of roles by project planning, engineering consultation, engineering/construction administration, business development, and project management.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- B.S. or M.S. degree in Civil, Geotechnical, or Geological Engineering;
- 5 to 10 years’ experience as a registered professional engineer.
- Tunneling experience preferred;
- Ability to process engineering calculations, compile drawings, and organize basic designs with limited direction;
- Proven ability managing multiple priorities and deadlines;
- Willing and able to travel as frequently as twice a month and approximately 300 miles or more roundtrip;
- Must effectively communicate with all project team members;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Proven ability to write technical information using appropriate style, organization, grammar, punctuation and spelling for concise reader-friendliness and clarity;
- Maintenance and further development of professional competency may require attending educational classes and seminars, reading professional publications, and attending professional society meetings;
- Work in our Sonora, California office routinely or at least occasionally, as needed, to effectively complete project work with the Sonora-based professionals;
- Be responsible for engineering work and execute an engineer-of-record role.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Valid California Driver’s License and available transportation;
- CA Registered Professional Engineer (PE).