Associate Civil Engineer – Municipal Utilities
Pay Range: $43 – $57/ hr.
Provost & Pritchard works throughout California with clients ranging from very small, unincorporated communities to large cities, impacting the daily lives of residents. Our projects result in positive change in communities of all sizes and offer an opportunity for engineers to design creative solutions that benefit our clients and the people they serve. We are currently seeking associate civil engineers with experience working on water, sewer and stormwater infrastructure projects for public agencies and private developers. Candidates must have excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to build relationships, the ability to work in multidisciplinary project teams, and the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. The ideal candidate will have experience working on engineering projects from the planning/feasibility phase through design and construction and be able to demonstrate the ability to solve problems independently and in a team environment.
Candidates must show a practical understanding of the engineering principles that underlie municipal infrastructure (fluid flow mechanics, engineering economics, general theory of wastewater treatment, etc.). Furthermore, candidates must have experience or be willing to take on the management of projects and project teams and client relationships. An Associate Engineer will contribute to our important work by directing more junior staff and supporting more senior staff with a variety of tasks, including:
- Formal and informal proposal preparation
- Feasibility study and engineering report preparation
- Water and/or sewer infrastructure design development including material selection and specification preparation
- Construction cost estimating
- Submittal and Requests-for-Information review during construction
- Project funding assistance applications
- Must hold an active California PE license or licensed in another state and be willing to sit for CA license within 6 months of hire.
- 2-8 years of experience working on engineering studies, investigations, and designs for municipal infrastructure, delivering positive results for clients.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and Civil 3D.
- Occasional field work and/or overnight travel may be required.
- Experience with construction techniques.
- Specific experience grant writing and working with small rural communities is a plus.
Bakersfield, Chico, Clovis, Modesto, Sacramento, or Visalia, CA