Associate CAD Technician
Pay Range: $30/hr. – $40/hr.
Provost & Pritchard is seeking a qualified and motivated candidate to help in our growing Clovis and Bakersfield Offices. The candidate will primarily prepare construction drawings for civil and environmental engineering projects.
- Performs work as assigned from sketches, verbal instructions, and notes;
- Translates mark-ups into drawings.
- Manages sheet sets within AutoCAD.
- Maintains schedules and offers progress reports; maintains current knowledge of design and drafting procedures;
- May participate in CAD administration and development of company drafting standards;
- Performs calculations under limited supervision. These may include street and pipeline grades, area grades, slopes, and others;
- Performs non-design duties including research of laws, regulations, and materials and costs using a variety of sources;
- Monitors and maintains company standards for both electronic and paper file management (naming, storage, etc.);
- May serve as assistant to Project Engineer or Project Manager;
- May be designated as lead technician on CAD portion of a project;
- Other job related duties may be assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent; certification/degree in AutoCAD preferred;
- Minimum of 3 years work drafting with AutoCAD in an engineering or similar environment;
- Strong computer skills with the ability to learn new methods and programs;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite;
- Proficiency in use of AutoCAD software, Civil 3D experience is desired;
- Ability to convert data in different formats;
- Oral and written communications skills required;
- Experience with gravity and pressure networks desired;
- Experience with grading and corridors desired.
Clovis or Bakersfield, CA