Pay Range: $25.00 – $32.00/hr.
Provost & Pritchard Consulting Group (Provost & Pritchard) is seeking a motivated candidate who may fill a wide variety of roles by conducting biological reconnaissance surveys, aquatic resource delineations, pre-construction surveys, biological monitoring, and nesting bird surveys, preparing technical reports and biological support for environmental permit application packages and CEQA/NEPA documents, and assisting with resource agency consultations.
- B.S. degree in Biology or other directly related discipline
- Demonstrated experience with organizing, executing, and coordinating overall project assignments
- Demonstrated experience with conducting general field biology assessments (often in adverse weather / terrain conditions) including, but not limited to: endangered species / habitat assessments, resource constraints analyses, sensitive species protocol surveys, wildlife identification, botanical identification and inventories, vegetation mapping, tree surveys, environmental awareness training programs, pre-construction surveys, nesting bird surveys, construction monitoring, GPS & GIS mapping, monitoring for the environmental compliance of large and small projects, and other relevant field tasks.
- Demonstrated experience with technical writing (Biological Resource Assessments, Biological Assessments, Natural Environmental Studies, bio sections of CEQA/NEPA docs, preconstruction survey memos, or similar technical reports)
- 2-3 years (full-time equivalent) of directly related professional experience (as noted in the above two previous bullet points) in California’s Central Valley and with Central Valley special status species
- Familiarity with Central Valley flora and fauna and the ability to identify species in the field.
Additional Desired, but not required, Skills:
- Focused and/or protocol-level plant, wildlife, and special status species survey experience
- Thorough CEQA/NEPA knowledge/understanding
- CDFW and/or USFWS handling permits for Central Valley species
- Completing Aquatic Resource Delineations to support permitting per USACE, RWQCB and CDFW requirements
Bakersfield, Clovis or Visalia, CA