Provost & Pritchard is seeking qualified staff to assist in our Planning Division. Duties will vary with the level of experience but may include research and data collection from a variety of sources, assisting in preparation of documents and staff reports, coordinating public noticing and document distribution, and performing technical analyses at the direction of supervisory-level planning staff. Will work with agencies and private entities on CEQA and/or NEPA document preparation, entitlement processing, and interpretation of California laws and local codes applicable to planning projects.
- Research and/or organization of information and data to assist in the preparation of a variety of planning documents (e.g. environmental documents, portions of general plans, specific plans, and development codes).
- Research related to the development of plans through analysis of data and identification of goals for the community or the project.
- May assist in the preparation and/or editing of the above documents.
- Bachelor’s degree in planning or related field (Geography, Biology, Geology, Environmental Science, Architecture, Landscape Architecture);
- Minimum two (2) years experience;
- Excellent written skills with attention to detail;
- Possess strong time management and problem-solving skills;
- Solid working knowledge of Word, Excel, and Outlook (Microsoft Suite) programs, as well as ability to find reliable information using the Internet;
- Basic knowledge of graphics programs, such as Adobe Suite or other similar programs;
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently;
- Possess strong organizational skills;
- Basic knowledge of and experience with California Environmental Quality Act, National Environmental Policy Act, other state and federal environmental laws and regulations is desirable.
- Demonstrated knowledge of California Planning and Zoning Law and related statutes, planning principles, and/or agency procedure is expected.
About Our Company
Provost & Pritchard was founded on the belief that we should all enjoy what we do and where we work. We make significant effort to help everyone set professional objectives and pursue the projects and services that interest them most, while ensuring they maintain the life/work balance that they each desire. Provost & Pritchard is also an employee-owned company allowing all staff to benefit from the company’s success.
Over the last five decades, Provost & Pritchard has upheld a tradition of excellence in California. Our focus is serving our clients well. We work with our clients to transform their projects from concepts to completion by developing practical solutions. We offer a diverse set of services including civil and agricultural engineering, hydrogeology, planning, environmental, surveying and construction management. With nine offices stretching from Chico to Bakersfield, our staff is accessible to our clients throughout the state.
Fresno, Visalia, or Bakersfield, CA