This position works to assist engineers by performing entry-level and routine aspects of engineering assignments and maintain accurate records of time spent on each job and phase.
- Performs civil design calculations (i.e., grading, drainage, paving, geometrics, utilities, etc.);
- Prepares plans, specifications, opinions and reports as directed;
- Performs technical comparisons and similar technical work as required by assignment;
- Coordinates project assignments with those of other EITs, engineers and technicians in his/her project team;
- Reviews drawings supplied by vendors, contractors, clients, engineers and architects, and recommends necessary changes for specific project needs;
- Researches code issues and works with City, County, and State agencies;
- Researches design options and documents findings for Project Engineers and/or Project Managers;
- Assists with other duties assigned by Project Engineers and/or Project Managers, which may include utility reviews, cost estimates, project scope, budget, proposals and drafts for technical reports and project correspondence;
- Attends “kick-off” and design review meetings, and interacts with clients at supervisor’s discretion;
- Visits project sites for field review and training;
- Assists with quality review;
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree (or pursuing) in Civil Engineering or related field.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills required;
• Proven ability to write technical information using appropriate grammar, punctuation and spelling for concise reader-friendliness and clarity;
• Solid understanding of civil design principles and formulas;
• Strong computer skills with the ability to learn new methods and programs;
• Proficiency in use of AutoCad and related software;
• Membership in a professional or technical society encouraged.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid California Drivers License and available transportation.
California EIT Certificate