Assists engineers by performing entry-level and routine aspects of engineering assignments. Maintain accurate records of time spent on each job and phase. May direct activities of technical and clerical staff assigned to projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities may include:
- Performs civil design calculations (i.e., grading, drainage, paving, geometrics, utilities, etc.);
- Prepares plans, specifications, opinions and reports as directed;
- Performs technical comparisons and similar technical work as required by assignment;
- Coordinates project assignments with those of other EITs, engineers and technicians in his/her project team;
- Reviews drawings supplied by vendors, contractors, clients, engineers and architects, and recommends necessary changes for specific project needs;
- Researches code issues and works with City, County, and State agencies;
- Researches design options and documents findings for Project Engineers and/or Project Managers;
- Assists with other duties assigned by Project Engineers and/or Project Managers, which may include utility reviews, cost estimates, project scope, budget, proposals and drafts for technical reports and project correspondence;
- Attends “kick-off” and design review meetings, and interacts with clients at supervisor’s discretion;
- Serves as resident project representative on construction projects;
- Provides field survey crew assistance as needed and for training;
- Visits project sites for field review and training;
- Assists with quality review;
- Involved in company committees; and
- Other job related duties may be assigned.
Specific requirements may vary depending upon engineering discipline.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s Degree (or pursuing) in Civil Engineering or related field. May substitute experience for degree.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required;
- Proven ability to write technical information using appropriate grammar, punctuation and spelling for concise reader-friendliness and clarity;
- Solid understanding of civil design principles and formulas;
- Strong computer skills with the ability to learn new methods and programs;
- Proficiency in use of AutoCad and related software;
- Membership in a professional or technical society encouraged.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Valid California Drivers License and available transportation
- California EIT Certificate
Bakersfield, Clovis or Visalia, CA