Assistant Engineer – Electrical Engineer
Pay Range: $30-$40/hr.
Provost & Pritchard is offering opportunities for assistant electrical engineers with a diversity of experience working on power and controls systems that support water treatment, distribution, and infrastructure projects for public agencies and private developers. Candidates must have excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to build relationships and work closely with clients, and work in multidisciplinary project teams.
The ideal candidate will have experience with power distribution and control system theory, communication skills, a growth mindset, and will care deeply about improving our community by developing excellent engineered designs.
The ideal candidate will be interested in earning a Professional Engineer’s license in the field of Electrical Engineering and will be interested in developing a positive work culture.
Bilingual in Spanish is not required but is a plus. Working out of the Bakersfield Provost & Pritchard office is preferred.
Candidates must show an understanding and desire to grow in knowledge of electrical engineering and be able to apply their knowledge in a practical, thoughtful, and efficient manner. Serious candidates must have an interest and/or experience in areas such as:
- Power Distribution System Design
- Instrumentation and Control System Design
- Networking and Communication Design
- Backup/Emergency Power Generation System Design
- New/Replacement Infrastructure Design
- Project Planning and Design
- Project Funding Assistance Applications
- Bachelor’s Degree in electrical engineering or related field.
- 0-3 years of experience preparing engineering calculations and conducting research related to power distribution systems or control systems design.
- Engineer In Training Certificate preferred.
- Excellent AutoCAD skills.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, an active listener.
- Organized and neat with excellent note taking skills.
- Field work and/or overnight travel may be required.
Bakersfield or Visalia, CA