Assistant Civil Engineer – Water Treatment
Pay Range: $30 – $45/hr.
The water treatment EIT supports Central California’s most prestigious civil engineering consulting firm with projects ranging in variety from groundwater and surface water treatment. As part of a team of dedicated water treatment specialists in the Clovis Office, this position exercises judgment in the independent evaluation, selection and substantial adaptation or modification of standard drinking water treatment techniques, procedures and criteria to meet project requirements.
Priority projects for this position include the 1) Mitigation of biological, organic and inorganic constituents for current regulatory standards and emerging drinking water constituents; 2) Utility district management and infrastructure related projects; and 3) Innovative solutions to a wide range of disciplines from civil engineering, chemical engineering, and instrumentation & controls.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering, chemistry related coursework preferred;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Proven ability to write technical information using appropriate grammar, punctuation and spelling for concise reader-friendliness and clarity;
- Solid understanding of civil design and water treatment principles and formulas;
- Strong computer skills with the ability to learn new methods and programs;
- Proficiency in use of AutoCAD and related software.