Assistant/ Associate Geologist – Geostructural Division
Pay Range: Assistant – $28/hr. – $40/hr. / Associate – $40/hr. – $46/hr.
Provost & Pritchard is looking for an experienced and motivated candidate to join our Geostructural team. Our Geostructural Division works on wine caves and small to medium sized civil tunnel projects primarily for water districts. Wine cave work is typically for projects located in the Napa/Sonoma Valley, Central Coast and Sierra Foothills regions. Water district tunnel work is typically in local area within 1 hour of the Sonora office. Our work also includes personal wine libraries, fire refuge caves and alternate underground uses.
Responsibilities include mapping ground conditions during construction, coordinating field activities with contractors and drillers, logging exploration drilling activity and details of retrieved cores, performing site visits to observe and monitor construction progress and assist with immediate needs of design or construction issues that arise, proposal and report writing, and data analysis. This position typically consists of a 50/50 split between office and field duties. This position requires independent judgment, and the successful candidate must have effective communication with construction personnel, and to relay information to Principal Tunnel Consultant and/or Principal Engineer.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- B.S. degree in Geology required;
- M.S. degree preferred, or 1 to 2 years of consulting experience may be substituted;
- Assistant level (0-2 years) and Associate level (+5 years) of work related experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Proven ability to write technical information using appropriate grammar, punctuation and spelling for concise reader-friendliness and clarity;
- Strong computer skills with the ability to learn new methods and programs;
- Willing and able to travel as frequently as once or twice per week and approximately 300 miles roundtrip;
- Working knowledge of drilling methods;
- Ability to independently evaluate, select, and apply standard techniques and procedures for geologic analysis;
- Ability to develop investigation approaches, work plans, and subcontract scope of work;
- Ability to work with a high degree of independent judgment.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Valid California Drivers License and available transportation;
- Possess, or ability to obtain, GIT
- Associate level PG preferred
- Current OSHA 40-Hr. HAZWOPER certification required if working on hazardous materials sites;
- Company is willing to provide access to this training;
- Possess or ability to obtain ACI Certification.