Provost & Pritchard is currently seeking a qualified Assistant/Associate Engineer in the Clovis, Visalia, or Bakersfield areas. We have an immediate need for a staff member who can participate in project planning, scoping, and proposal preparation; project engineering, including design, plan, and bid document preparation; construction administration; project management, including budget and schedule management, resource allocation; client contact and relationship maintenance; and business development.
- Typical duties may include working independently to prepare site grading and storm drain collection system designs, water distribution system and wastewater collection system designs, site signage and striping, , urban street and rural road improvements, and other civil improvements.
- Collaborate with clients, architects and other design professionals on site plan layout and improvements.
- Oversee project work including subordinate engineers, technicians, and administrative staff.
- Maintain accurate records of time spent on each job and phase and maintain client contact during and after project completion.
- May be technical “expert” and resource or mentor to others in one or more specialty areas.
- Consult with clients on engineering and related matters, including agency standards, capital facilities, master planning, and fee structures.
- May assign staff and other resources, in cooperation with Project Managers to balance overall company workload and best utilize personnel.
- May monitors project scope and request contract amendments when appropriate.
- May determine client invoicing requirements and work with accounting staff to prepare timely monthly invoices.
- May prepare summary billing descriptions if appropriate or required by client.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- BS Degree in Civil Engineering or related field. Appropriate work experience may substitute for formal schooling.
- Assistant position: Two or more years’ experience.
- Associate position: Zero to five years’ experience as a registered professional engineer.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required;
- Ability to process engineering calculations unaided, compile plans and organize basic designs;
- Ability to managing multiple priorities and deadlines;
- This position may require occasional out-of-office travel, potentially with evening and overnight assignments;
- Must effectively communicate with all project team members;
- Ability to write technical information using appropriate grammar, punctuation and spelling for concise reader-friendliness and clarity; and
- Maintaining professional competency may require attending education classes and seminars, reading professional publications, and attending professional society meetings.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid California Driver’s License and available transportation.
California Professional Engineering license required for Associate position.
Clovis, Visalia, Bakersfield