Assistant Civil Engineer – Municipal Infrastructure
Pay Range: $30-$40/hr.
Provost & Pritchard works throughout California with clients ranging from very small, unincorporated communities to large cities, impacting the daily lives of residents. Our projects result in positive change in communities of all sizes and offer an opportunity for engineers to design creative solutions that benefit our clients and the people they serve. We are currently seeking assistant civil engineers with an interest in working on water, sewer and stormwater infrastructure projects for public agencies and private developers. Candidates must have excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to build relationships, and the ability to work in multidisciplinary project teams. The ideal candidate will have the ability to solve problems independently and in a team environment, and then communicate those solutions both verbally and in writing.
Candidates must show an understanding of the engineering principles that underlie municipal infrastructure (fluid flow mechanics, engineering economics, general theory of wastewater treatment, etc.) and desire to increase that knowledge through practical application on municipal infrastructure projects. Furthermore, candidates must have experience with AutoCAD through school projects, internships, or other employment. An Assistant Engineer will contribute to this important work by supporting more senior staff with a variety of tasks, including:
- Feasibility study and engineering report preparation
- Water and/or sewer infrastructure calculations and CAD drafting
- Materials review during construction
- Project funding assistance applications
- Technical research
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or related field with emphasis on fluid mechanics, water treatment/supply, hydraulic machines, soil mechanics, or related courses of study.
- 0-3 years of experience preparing engineering calculations and conducting research in support of infrastructure-related designs and/or studies.
- Basic AutoCAD skills; experience with Civil 3D is a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Occasional field work and/or overnight travel may be required.
Bakersfield, Chico, Clovis, Modesto, Sacramento, or Visalia, CA