Accounts Payable Specialist
Provost & Pritchard is looking for a motivated individual to fill an intermediate level position that processes all aspects of accounts payable accounting function for the company.
- Sets up vendors into accounting system;
- Reviews all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment;
- Researches any invoice/statement discrepancies;
- Codes and inputs invoices into accounting system;
- Maintains all accounts payable reports, spreadsheets and files;
- Prints check run, obtains signatures and distributes appropriately;
- Prepares manual checks as needed;
- Prepares and sends year-end 1099 form;
- Prepares Sales Tax Use tax return;
- Submits credit applications as needed;
- Manage and reconcile multiple company credit cards.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Preferred
- Minimum two to five years related experience and/or training
- Detailed oriented and ability to organize, prioritize, and work independently;
- Ability to manage difficult client/customer situations;
- Ability to effectively respond to questions from individuals and groups at all levels of the organization verbally and in writing;
- Able to adapt to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events;
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent;
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook and accounting software as needed.