Senior Environmental Specialist – Regulatory Permitting
Provost & Pritchard is seeking a dynamic and detail-oriented individual who will interface with all levels of staff to direct permit and other required processes as related to federal and state wetlands permitting, endangered species permitting, or environmental planning.
- Primary representative/contact for the Company and clients at City and County offices;
- Preparation, tracking and processing of a variety of permit applications;
- Facilitate federal and state consultations and permitting such as Nationwide Permits, Certifications, and Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreements;
- Represent clients in meetings and phone calls with regulatory permitting agencies;
- Develop, coordinate, and negotiate mitigation strategies;
- Tracking of schedules and budgets;
- Manage project contracts;
- Identify and pursue business development and opportunities;
- Preparation of proposal strategies and other related marketing support.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience), preferably in an environmental science, biology, or related field.
- Six or more years’ experience in the federal and state wetlands permitting, endangered species permitting, or environmental planning field.
- Able to perform Aquatic Resources Delineations (Wetland Delineations) to support permitting efforts to meet United States Army Corps of Engineers standards.
- Full understanding of federal, state and local regulations regarding agency jurisdictions;
- Advanced knowledge of wetland and endangered species regulations in California;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, clients, and regulatory agencies;
- Management of permit process on multiple projects at a time;
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from individuals and groups at all levels;
- Proven ability to write technical information using appropriate grammar, punctuation, and spelling for concise reader-friendliness and clarity;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft 365 Suite.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid California Drivers License and available transportation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and arms to handle, feel or reach. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus. The employee may be required to dig holes up to 2 feet in depth, carry equipment over rough terrain, and work in various weather conditions.
Clovis, Visalia OR Bakersfield, CA