Human Resources Coordinator
Under general supervision, perform corporate and human resources related duties including responsibilities in some or all of the following functional areas: corporate administration, employee relations, performance management, training, recruiting/employment, and compensation.
- Work with employees and management to communicate company policies and procedures, human resource laws, standards, and government regulations.
- Assist with record keeping of personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, terminations, and employee statistics for government reporting.
- Participate in recruitment efforts for all exempt and non-exempt personnel, student interns, and temporary employees, including sourcing job applicants and tracking trends/developments in the industry.
- Draft employment advertisements and assist with overall ad campaigns, including internet and website postings.
- Represent the company at university career fairs.
- Review applications and interview applicants to match experience with specific job-related requirements.
- Conduct background and reference checks for prospective new hires.
- Plan and conduct new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward company goals.
- Assist with development and monitoring of career path and training programs.
- Conduct studies, perform research, and prepare reports in assigned function areas.
- Administer various human resources plans and procedures for all company personnel.
- Coordinate required training (e.g. sexual harassment, CPR, safety, etc.) and prepare documentation for record keeping purposes.
- Serve as chair of Safety Committee. Coordinate safety program activities and prepare documentation for record keeping purposes.
- Maintain company bulletin boards ensuring Federal and State posting compliance requirements.
- Assist in development, implementation, and maintenance of personnel policies and procedures.
- Respond to employee inquiries regarding policies and procedures.
- Track the performance review program to ensure timelines and goal monitoring within organization.
- Maintain employee database (HRIS) and compile reports from database.
- Participate in developing department goals, objectives, and systems. Recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of departments and services performed.
- Assist with the systematic retention, protection, retrieval, transfer, and disposal of personnel related records.
- Review human resources portions of the Intranet regularly to ensure completeness and accuracy of all documents.
- Assist with maintaining organizational charts and employee lists.
- Provide administrative support to the President, CFO, and Board of Directors as needed.
- Organize monthly staff meeting processes, including calendar notice to staff, agenda, documents related to presentations by President, room/media preparations, and drawing awards.
- Responsible for quarterly service award roasts. Direct and monitor presentations, notify appropriate parties to order lunch, and arrange for appropriate gifts for honorees.
- Assist Secretary & CFO with company stock purchases, sales, record keeping, and updates to the corporate Stock Register.
- Assist Project Managers with requesting and receiving liability insurance certificates.
- Coordinate annual required training for professional liability insurance with E & O carrier and assist with preparation of the annual insurance application.
- Process client report cards monthly, record results and comments from clients.
- Monitor wireless carrier contracts and equipment, assisting employees with the access they need.
- Maintain strict confidentiality in all corporate and human resources issues.
- Create content for social media campaigns aimed at recruiting and exposing company culture.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university (Human Resources; Liberal Arts or similar) with 1-2 years of experience in a Human Resources support position, including all aspects of the employment process; or 5-7 years of office support related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, vendors, and the public.
- Strong verbal skills required for effective recruiting and employee discussions. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from individuals and groups at all levels of the organization, verbally and in writing.
- Ability to define problems, research different types of data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to follow written and verbal instructions. Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite. Ability to create forms/processes in online programs (e.g. Jot Form). Graphic skills a plus. General interest and ability in automating processes and functions.